Modeling & Detailing
Concrete & Rebar
Meticulous Concrete & Rebar Modeling, Detailing and Estimating
DBM Vircon’s team plays a pivotal role in helping move projects from the design phase to the construction phase. Whether it is cast-in-place culverts, pre-stressed bridge girders, precast parking garages, composite stadium construction, mega infrastructure projects, or tall skyscrapers, our experienced team is well positioned to support all concrete & rebar modeling, detailing, and estimating needs.
Our clear and comprehensive reinforced concrete models and/or rebar placing drawings allow extensive design communication, coordination, and information transfer among project stakeholders to help validate project details. This results in reduced ambiguities, fewer field changes and improved quality while enabling faster rebar fabrication and assembly leading to expedited erection of reinforced concrete structures. Further, our accurate bar lists and bar bending schedules, that are generated from our models and drawings, facilitate scrap reduction and diminished waste. This allows for productivity gains while minimizing environmental impact.
Additionally our highly experienced estimating team is adept at providing comprehensive, bar-by-bar quantity take-offs that provide detailed and accurate quotes which aid in placing successful bids. We have the capacity to estimate large tonnage of rebar, and provide these services globally to clients that have come to rely on our timely and accurate estimates.
Through our vast experience spanning many industries, complexity and size, we bring to bear effective solutions and risk mitigation strategies on your projects. In conjunction with our other services, our concrete & rebar team offers complete solutions for your estimating, detailing and modeling requirements.
Concrete & Rebar Modeling & Detailing – Design to Construction
Expedited Project Timeframes
Detailed 3D Visualization
Concrete & Rebar Modeling & Detailing – Delivery
DBM Vircon’s Approach
Our drawings and models are drawn to exact scale. They illustrate accurate bar bends, location and orientation and are supplemented by stringent QA/QC procedures that include multiple levels of reviews. This creates accurate output that eliminates field placement errors, while maintaining a data intensive digital record. Our highly experienced, client facing, and locally placed project managers perform another round of review from a constructibility viewpoint. This multi-faceted approach ensures that the final drawings and lists are timely, accurate, and provide optimal solutions for challenging projects.
The concrete & rebar division uses the latest aSa CAD Detailing, ProConcrete/ProRebar, TEKLA Structures, Revit, and other Autodesk software for detailing / modeling / estimating purposes.
At DBM Vircon we do several things uniquely, including:
- Recruit mostly experienced detailers / modelers / estimators, and supplement their knowledge with regular training and testing.
- Retain industry experts who are well versed in concrete and rebar detailing and bar placement. These experienced project managers serve as coaches for our detailing staff, while providing local coordination support for customers.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) using .NET programming, along with other macros, to provide customized and expedited solutions for our customer needs.
- Provide secure cloud based data storage, access, and traceability by utilizing global web services.
- Use proven processes and protocols for information handling and distribution from project start to data archival.
Meticulous 3D Modeling
- Data-rich models that facilitate clear design communication, coordination, and information transfer
- Precise 3D modeling that integrates intelligent data for accurate on and off-site planning, procurement, fabrication, and erection of concrete and rebar for all types of projects
- Ability to generate accurate bar lists and bar bending schedules that facilitate shop fabrication and scrap reduction
Accurate 2D Detailing
- Comprehensive rebar field placement/shop drawings that provide ironworkers/steel fixers in the field with easy to read blueprints for the placement of reinforcing bars
- Accessory details
- Bar support system
- Mechanical or lap splice details
- Formatted RFIs
- Progress reports
- Bar bending schedules and bar lists
- Special bend sketches
- Accurate and reliable bar-by-bar estimates showing detailed data on quantity, size, length and weight of rebar
- Clear identification and listing of any inclusions, exclusions and assumptions
- Detailed weight versus estimated weight tracking on on-going jobs
- In-depth change order/variation information
- Local experienced project management support
- Clash detection and resolution with other trades
- Setting-up detailing standards
- As-built drawings and models