VR & AR
Innovative Virtual and Augmented Reality Conceptualizations
In a market saturated by single model virtual reality and augmented reality tools, DBM Vircon provides innovation through specialized processing, federation and model enhancement, utilizing extremely large numbers of models from various authoring packages. Capable of spanning the entire project lifecycle, models can produce innovative conceptualizations for build-ready plans and ongoing management support.
Our virtual and augmented reality models enable you and your client to experience and visualize the project ahead of construction, facilitating the expedition of design review and sign-off procedures. They facilitate efficient communication with key stakeholders and the general public, enhance proposals and tender submissions, as well as marketing materials and PR efforts. It also serves as a useful tool for your design teams when reviewing perspectives, scales and usability.
Illustrate Complex Data for Improved Project Outcomes
DBM Vircon supports design and construction production productivity by visually clarifying project delivery requirements. By blending the latest augmented and virtual technology with our engineering precision and creative flair, you receive realistic and technically accurate representations of your project.
Easily Communicate Designs
Our augmented and virtual reality renderings, 3D models, documentation and cut-aways enable you to explore, validate and communicate designs to your clients, as well as other project stakeholders.
A Lifelike View
With visualisations that incorporate lifelike textures and details like light and shadows, your clients can see the space from every possible angle and get a feel for size and layout, expediting approvals.
Win Competitive Bids
Win more competitive bids by incorporating our superior quality, highly accurate augmented and virtual reality renderings, site logistics and more in your next marketing presentation.
A Powerful Tool
Utilising quality imagery sourced in the design phase, augmented and virtual reality renderings are a powerful tool for project reporting, corporate coverage and regulatory presentations and briefings.
Smooth Maintenance Shut-Downs
When it comes to maintenance shut-downs, our animations reduce schedule slippage and safety risks, by ensuring all stakeholders (which can be hundreds of people on large job sites) are engaged.
Modern Construction Methodology
With all stakeholders able to visualise the construction timeline, critical issues and clashes can be effortlessly identified, with necessary changes to your construction schedule being managed with ease.
Streamline Government Approvals
Proposed projects can be rejected due to uncertainty around their appearance. Accurate, augmented and virtual reality models reduce this uncertainty, increasing the likelihood of government approval.
Virtual and augmented reality serve as useful tools to design teams when reviewing perspectives, scales and usability through virtual coordination reviews, accelerating your projects’ design phase.
Proven Augmented and Virtual Reality Processes
Projects that utilize our virtual and augmented reality modeling services can adopt myriad workflows and methodologies—no two are ever the same. Instead, we tailor our services to exceed your expectations. Generally, our process and value-added services include:
A unique combination of industry leading modeling experience and technical animation skills to produce the most compelling visual representation of your project and perspective, including:
- Customized navigation and user experience, including project specific dashboards, control panels and company logos
- Integrated 4D construction schedule animations
- An elevated immersive experience with model-based planning
- Facilities and asset management, including plant and equipment for safer, more efficient maintenance and operations
- Staff training, particularly for high-risk tasks or regional locations
Our wide variety of virtual reality models—from generic masses for spatial awareness, to photo realistic renders for presentations and customer engagement—offer exceptional customization:
- Company branding and marketing material within virtual reality space
- Props and people, which may be stationary or moving (such as where pedestrian and traffic studies are available)
- Restricted access to certain parts of the virtual reality model where areas of design sensitivity exist
Specialist setup of the virtual and augmented reality environment for ease of use on:
- PCs, including integration with smartphone headsets such as Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear
- Tablets and mobile devices to facilitate the transition of virtual and augmented reality from the design office into the field
Custom designed systems and processes that enable major projects to be seamlessly controlled and managed and create truly intelligent deliverables, including:
- Client scoping support to enable effective communication of customer requirements
- Creating and optimizing the Navisworks federated model for virtual reality
- The latest software and proprietary technology specifically designed to simultaneously manage hundreds of thousands of design deliverables
- A Job Management System (JMS) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) that tracks and links all incoming and outgoing deliverables