VR & AR
Realistic, Large Scale Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
In a market saturated by single model virtual reality and augmented reality tools, DBM Vircon provides innovation through specialized processing, federation and model enhancement, utilizing extremely large numbers of models from various authoring packages. Capable of spanning the entire project lifecycle, models can produce innovative conceptualizations for build-ready plans and ongoing management support.
Our virtual reality and augmented reality models enable you and your client to experience and visualize the project ahead of construction, facilitating the expedition of design review and sign-off procedures. They facilitate efficient communication with key stakeholders and the general public, enhance proposals and tender submissions, as well as marketing materials and PR efforts. They also serve as useful tools for your design teams when reviewing perspectives, scales and usability.
Digital Engineering – Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Capabilities
Our augmented and virtual reality renderings, 3D models, documentation and cut-aways enable you to explore, validate and communicate designs to your clients, as well as other project stakeholders.
With visualisations that incorporate lifelike textures and details like light and shadows, your clients can see the space from every possible angle and get a feel for size and layout, expediting approvals.
REAL-TIME REALISTIC REPRESENTATIONS
Win more competitive bids by incorporating our superior quality, highly accurate augmented and virtual reality renderings, site logistics and more in your next marketing presentation.
MANIPULATING COMPLEX MODELS
When it comes to maintenance shut-downs, our animations reduce schedule slippage and safety risks, by ensuring all stakeholders (which can be hundreds of people on large job sites) are engaged.
MODERN CONSTRUCTION METHODOLOGY
With all stakeholders able to visualise the construction timeline, critical issues and clashes can be effortlessly identified, with necessary changes to your construction schedule being managed with ease.
OPTIMIZATION OF WIDE RANGING DATA
Proposed projects can be rejected due to uncertainty around their appearance. Accurate, augmented and virtual reality models reduce this uncertainty, increasing the likelihood of government approval.
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality – Delivery
DBM Vircon’s Approach
A unique combination of industry leading modeling experience and technical animation skills allow our teams to produce the most compelling visual representation of your project and perspective.
Our wide variety of models—from generic masses for spatial awareness, to photo realistic renders for presentations and customer engagement are presented in our custom designed virtual reality and augmented reality platforms. We tailor these deliverables based on our clients’ needs to support and enable effective communication in VR and AR modes.
We specialize in the optimization of differing and wide-ranging data sets. BIM, GIS, spatial data sets and visual assets are used to create our virtual reality and augmented reality environments. Our digital engineering workflows make this a seamless step.
The advancements in virtual reality and augmented reality technologies are fast paced, we thrive at staying up to date with these advancements remaining a preferred partner in VR and AR delivery.
Fit for Purpose Immersive Solutions
- Virtual reality models
- Augmented reality models
- Customized navigation and user experience, including project specific dashboards, control panels and company logos
- Integrated 4D construction schedule animations
- An elevated immersive experience with model-based planning
- Facilities and asset management, including plant and equipment for safer, more efficient maintenance and operations
- Staff training, particularly for high-risk tasks or regional locations
Specialist setup of the virtual and augmented reality environment for ease of use on:
- PCs, including integration with smartphone headsets such as Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear, HTC Vive and Oculus
- Tablets and mobile devices to facilitate the transition of virtual and augmented reality from the design office into the field
- Company branding and marketing material within virtual reality space
- Props and people, which may be stationary or moving (such as where pedestrian and traffic studies are available)
- Restricted access to certain parts of the virtual reality model where areas of design sensitivity exist
DBM Vircon Projects
Robin Drogemuller, Professor of Virtual Design & Construction, Queensland University of Technology