|SME Steel Contractors & Glazier Steel
|Santa Clara, California
Located in Santa Clara, NVIDIA II is the second phase of construction at NVIDIA’s California-based headquarters. Designed in a futuristic style, Phase II, called Voyager, is approximately 750,000 square feet and designed to demonstrate design from the inside out.
The building’s sculptural roof is complex and consists of a series of triangular, raking roof panels to create an undulating roof. Several skylights are in place to allow ample diffused daylight to enter the building to create a work environment that is efficient and uplifting.
Working with clients SME Steel Contractors and Glazier Steel, DBM Vircon provided 3D modeling and shop drawing services using resources from three global offices including Auckland, Manila, and Chennai. The company was responsible to provide steelwork detailing for:
• Evolving architectural and structural design
• Extensive coordination with many other trades including Façade, MEP, Elevators, Solar, Landscaping etc.
• A comprehensive and efficient workflow for the detailing production team was created through direct coordination with the design team and other trades throughout the project.
• To facilitate collaboration with the design team, a discussion log was created, allowing issues to be resolved much more quickly than when an RFI was submitted.
• Having the ability to present and discuss issues directly with the design team allowed DBM Vircon to resolve problems ahead of the production team, thereby creating a more efficient workflow.