The Hastings Bridge is the longest free-standing tied-arch bridge in North America. It sees an average of 32,000 vehicles per day and features a state-of-the-art anti-icing system to keep the bridge safe.
DBM Vircon’s Scope of Work:
- Modeling and shop drawing services for the tied-arch and floor system
- Main Span is 545-ft long and 104-ft wide
- Height of arch rid 94-ft (at maximum)
- 4 lanes of traffic + 12-ft mixed use pedestrian and bike path
- 100 year life span
Hastings Bridge Highlights & Challenges:
- The arch structure was erected on shore and moved onto barges using self-propelled modular transportation. The arch was then floated downriver between the piers and lifted 60-ft into position using strand jacks in a single 48-hour period.
- Prize Winner 2016 NSBA (National Steel Bridge Alliance) Major Span category