|CLIENT:||Destination Brisbane Consortium|
|COMPLETION DATE:||2020 - 2022|
A dazzling new destination with exciting entertainment and attractions that will showcase the essence of Queensland, and the best of Australia. Destination Brisbane Consortium is delivering an iconic development in Brisbane as the city moves to a new future. Queen’s Wharf Brisbane will revitalise the city’s forgotten heritage buildings and deliver striking landmark architecture. Attracting 1.39 million additional tourists each year, it will become a world-recognised destination, while establishing itself as a place that locals will embrace and be proud of.
DBM Vircon were engaged by Destination Brisbane Consortium as the client side BIM manager during the feasibility design stage of the project. We were engaged to develop a project Digital Engineering strategy that would take the project from feasibility design through to a Facilities Management model for The Star Entertainment Group using the COBie standard as a minimum data requirement. To date the Digital Engineering strategy is successfully coordinating approximately 50 different contributors with 600+ models and their associated data.
• Articulating clients’ needs into a Digital Engineering strategy that can be implemented by the available consultants and contractors. This includes early facility management mobilisation with the facility operators.
• Consultation with all project stakeholders to implement the Digital Engineering strategy.
• Experience in multiple software to resolve interoperability between consultants and contractors.
• Automated model processing techniques to manage the number of models.
• Software Agnostic
• Relationships with all the major BIM software providers.
• Ability to determine contractor digital engineering capabilities at tender/award.
• Definition and staging of Digital Engineering processes depending on project stages.
• Training of Digital Engineering processes and software.