Modeling & Detailing
Tanks & Vessels
Versatile, Streamlined Tank and Vessel Detailing
Experienced in the process design and layout of complex industrial plants, DBM Vircon offers solutions to support all phases of the project lifecycle, from conceptual design through to the management of the assets.
Our tank and vessel solutions form part of what is a complete suite of integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions, offered across all industries and sectors. Our collaborative, multi-platform approach ensures maximum collaboration and productivity with the common goal of zero rework.
Our tank and vessel designers have extensive experience in the design, fabrication and construction phases of a project. Utilizing our experience and the latest integrated software solutions and processes, we deliver a quality, cost-effective service for a wide variety of industrial process storage solutions.
Tanks & Vessels – Design to Manufacture
VERSATILE 2D AND 3D DOCUMENTATION
MODEL GENERATED DELIVERABLES
CORROSION INSPECTION & INTEGRITY ANALYSIS
FULL DIGITAL ENGINEERING (BIM) CAPABILITY
VIRTUAL ASSEMBLY & SCAN TO BIM VALIDATION
Tanks & Vessels Modeling & Detailing – Delivery
DBM Vircon’s Approach
Our tank design and detailing team use a combination of AME Tank, Plant 3D and Advance Steel to deliver a wide range of tank and vessel deliverables, most commonly designed and developed to API 650, API 620 and AWWA D100. Working closely and collaboratively with our clients, we offer a full range of services suited to process and storage infrastructure.
Fully Intelligent 3D Modeling
- Highly accurate, intelligent 3D models used for the production of all drawings, bill of materials, weights, and cost data
- Piping systems and subsystems for pumping and multi-level sampling
- Rectangular and circular hatches, manways with davit arms, cleanouts, vents, couplings, and nozzles with flanges, elbows and other attachments
- Scaffolding, access platforms, cable tray supports
- Lifting lugs, grounding lugs, baffles, liquid level gages and gage poles
Highly Accurate 2D Drawings and Project Documentation
- Layout fabrication and erection drawings, bill of materials, plate cut data, and cost reports
- Detailed assembly and component fabrication drawings for all substructures, appurtenances, ladders, platforms, stairs, and other subsystems
- Plate layouts and fabrication details for shells, floors, and all roof types
- Shell weld maps, and shell roll out drawings overlaps and welds types
- NC, DXF and scribing outputs
Laser Scan, Virtual Assembly and Geometric Validation
Accurate as built 3D records of fabricated items can confirm the quality of fabrication and geometric conformance prior to delivery to site and following installation. This can help reduce time, costs and risks associated with traditional physical trial assembly as well as acting as a record of quality at the time of shipment.
We offer a number of laser back scan modeling solutions across all disciplines. These solutions have many applications and can provide accurate existing condition modeling where integration to existing plant is required, as well as a number of geometric verification and validation options when using point clouds for virtual trial assembly and tolerance reporting.